As speed and accuracy are of the essence in financial markets, there is definite business advantage in a financial institution that can out-compute its competitors. Different business needs should be addressed by different HPC technologies.
- A bank with multiple spreadsheets that need to be run at each end of day may need consulting on the use of Grid technology.
- A Risk Manager with time critical Value-at-Risk reports may need consulting on the use of our parallel Monte Carlo library.
- A modeler who needs to provide multiple factor models in order to capture the complex risk in new products being contemplated by the trading desk may need consulting on the use of parallel computing technologies.
- A bank IT department which is hosting a tightly coupled server cluster for the first time may need consulting on cluster management and batch queue software.
- For the purpose of long-term risk control, insurance companies perform long-term asset-liability analysis, a highly complex scenario analysis over very long horizons using different assumptions about their business and financial markets. The computation of such scenarios over the entire asset liability universe of an insurance company is extremely computationally intensive. For companies who have control of the core analytics of such simulations, parallelizing the computation can greatly speed up the process.
ClusterTech Products & Solutions
Our consulting services span the whole deployment cycle and we offer advice on the purchase of hardware and system level software at the planning stage. We also offer code porting at the pre-deployment stage and batch queue tuning in the production stage.More Consultancy Services...